Pastor Jim Fanning
Pastor Jim and his wife Nancy have three children and five grandchildren. Jim and Nancy
moved from the Wichita area to Topeka in 2016 to work at Heritage Christian School
where Jim teaches Math, Bible, and Computer and Nancy teaches Math and English and
works with the worship team.
Jim’s heart for ministry is based in Matthew 7: “Many will come in that day… and our
Lord will say depart from me for I never knew you.” Biblical knowledge without
application is dangerous; it inoculates a person to the true purpose of scripture, a
growing personal relationship with Jesus. Nancy & Jim Fanning
Walnut View Christian Church
Founded in 1987, Walnut View Christian Church is an independent Christian church, not affiliated with the denominational Christian Church. We are located in Topeka, Kansas at our current location, 3634 SE 37th Street.
Statement of Faith
Walnut View Christian Church is a body of believers that strives to know Jesus more by seeking a personal relationship with Him. We believe our path as a body should be determined by the leading of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Scriptures. Having chosen not to be part of a larger denomination, we would be considered an Independent Christian Church and part of the New Testament-Restoration movement.
Walnut View Christian Church believes:
1. God is expressed in three personalities – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (John 3:34)
2. God is the infallible-eternal-creator of the universe. (Romans 1:20)
3. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and born of the Virgin Mary. (John 3:16, Luke 1:26)
4. Jesus was born of a virgin in the image of God. He is the only Son of God and the Lord of all creation. He died for the
sins of all people and bodily arose from the grave. He is fully God and fully man and will one day return. (2Timothy 1:9,
5. The Holy Spirit is the part of God that lives in us. The Holy Spirit is divine, eternal, and co-equal with the Father and Son.
6. The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is divinely inspired and is the Truth and authority to live by. (2Timothy 3:16)
7. The Bible defines sin as “missing the mark” of God’s standard. A good one word definition of sin is “disobedience”.
The bible says that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. (Romans 3:23)
8. The Bible teaches that people who are born again: confess Jesus is Lord, repent of their sins in turning toward God, and
are baptized. (2 Corinthians 7:10, Acts 2:38)
9. The Bible teaches us that we are saved by Grace. It is by His Grace that we are saved and not by our own goodness.
10. The Bible teaches baptism is the immersion in water of an obedient believer. In the New Testament church every believer
was commanded to be baptized in a manner symbolizing the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:3,4)
11. Communion is intended as a time of remembrance of Jesus and should be approached in a worthy manner. We observe
communion every Sunday. (1Corinthians 11:23)
12. Heaven is for those who have been redeemed through the Grace of God in Christ Jesus. Hell is for those who refuse that
Grace and stubbornly decline the opportunity of God’s salvation through Jesus Christ. We believe that both heaven and
hell are real, literal and eternal. (Luke 16:19, 2 Corinthians 5:1)
13. The bearing of fruit is evidence of your faith. (John 5:18, James 2:18)
14. The Bible teaches that the church is the body of Christ. The head of the body is Jesus. The mission of the church is to carry
out God’s stated purpose to make disciples of Jesus throughout the world and equip them for ministry. (Matthew 28:19)